Hello &

Hello &

Wentworth Earl Miller III

Wentworth Earl Miller III

V.I.P.

V.I.P.

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Mailbag (4.1) Cont ...



Q: Your year 2015 in one word?

A: Growth.

* * * * *

Q: Your name has been associated with both ‘the Morning Portrait’ and ‘The Story of Edgar Sewtelle’ … what can you tell your fans about these projects?

A: THE MOURNING PORTRAIT is an independent film I was attached to act in many moons ago. But like a lot of indies, they had trouble getting their financing together and eventually I had to move on. THE STORY OF EDGAR SAWTELLE is a novel I was hired to adapt for the big screen in 2012. My draft was well-received but like a lot of scripts, it eventually got back-burnered. For whatever reason. It's a tough business. For every movie that crosses the finish line there are thousands that never leave the gate. Such is Hollywood.

* * * * *

Q: Hey Wentworth, what is your favorite make & model of car?

A: A Mercedes-Benz 300CD. Gray exterior, navy interior. My grandmother drove one for two decades before selling it to me for a dollar. I no longer own it, which makes me sad. But if I close my eyes I can still hear the rumble of the engine and smell that diesel smell.

* * * * *

Q: Working at Facebook I see quite some actors on Facebook and Instagram and your accounts seem to be very well looked after plus very authentic. Are you taking care of everything on your own?

A: Thank you. Yes, this is a one-man operation. Has been from the start. Every post is selected/vetted/scheduled by me. So if there's something you're vibing with, awesome. If there's something you're not vibing with... that works too. :) The buck stops here.

* * * * *

Q: My question is :) is this the REAL Wentworth Millers page? It's a long shot I know. I'd be VERY HAPPY if it was!! :) :) X

A: I've addressed this before but am choosing to do so again. Verified means verified, y'all: www.facebook.com/help/196050490547892

This goes for my Instagram and Twitter accounts too.

www.instagram.com/wentworthmilleractorwriter/

www.twitter.com/WentworthMiller

Please look for the little blue badge. If you don't see it, the account is unofficial/unaffiliated.

* * * * *

Q: What TV shows do you enjoy yourself?

A: None at the moment. But before taking a break I was watching INTERVENTION, SEARCH FOR THE LOST GIANTS, THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND, FIXER UPPER, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW and STORAGE WARS... And before that I was watching a lot of "reality" shows about people being horrible to other people for our amusement. But they gave me weird dreams so I stopped.

* * * * *

Q: Do you believe it is possible for a gay man to live happily married to a woman?

A: Depends on the man and woman. How honest they're being. If they've established a dynamic that a) they can both live with and b) addresses their individual needs. Two adults who are 100% open with each other, who love each other, who don't want to spend their days alone, who are soulmates but not necessarily romantically/sexually (?), who decide to live together as husband and wife... or husband and husband... or wife and wife... Hey - that's their business. Do your thing. Be happy.

* * * * *

Q: My question: are there any human characteristics by which you get really annoyed?

A: Sure. I'm not a fan of indifference, carelessness, unconsciousness, sarcasm, and/or poor listening skills. I also admit to exhibiting all of these traits from time to time. Why? Because I am A Work In Progress and There Is No Perfection Here. And that's the good news.

* * * * *

Q: I know you're aware and deeply concerned about Russian government's attitude to LGBT community. I am as a citizen can judge the problem from inside. The adult society of our country is really afraid that if they let the LGBTs into the screens, press and other public platforms to speak their truth and to stand for their rights in all possible ways, this could affect the children's and teenagers' choice of their sexual orientation (that's why they call it "propaganda"). What do you think is it possible to influence somebody's choice from the outside somehow? Or it's purely innate?

A: (I hope I understood your question correctly.) We don't choose our sexuality. We choose whether we're going to be true to ourselves. Whether we're going to give ourselves permission to be fully-expressed. Whatever that looks like.

Seeing someone who's gay on "screens, press and other public platforms" isn't going to make a straight kid gay. But it will make a gay kid feel less alone. And that's critical. It's critical every kid knows there are others out there who are just like them. That there's a larger community excited and waiting to embrace, accept, and cherish them for who they are.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...